Friday 10 May 2013

Ready for Adventure!

After more than a year of preparation, our group is finally about to embark on our journey. The bags are packed (almost), arrangements made, and months of planning at end.  With the help of our entire school and community, we have raised money to provide clean drinking water to students at Umoja primary school in Tanzania. Fourteen students and five teachers leave tomorrow on what will surely be an experience of a lifetime. We will visit the school and learn about life in a very different part of the world.  Here is a sampling of thoughts before we go:

Lindsay: "I'm going on a school trip that will actually make a difference in the world."
Will: "I'm most looking forward to meeting the school children in Tanzania."
Jessica: " I've always wanted to go to Africa. It's been a dream of mine since I was young. I want to help the economy and provide something for children there."
Tyler: "I joined the project to help fundraise for the water tanks and for the amazing opportunity."
Kyle: "I've already gained confidence and enjoyed the team building. I wanted to get involved and help people."
Garrett: "I joined for the experience. I'm expecting to gain so much from the trip and become a better person."
Bryce: "I'm looking forward to seeing a different culture. I'm excited about being able to help out."
Daria: " I want to make a difference in the world. The best thing so far has been working together to create smething great!"
Hailey: "I've already made new friends  and I think this will be an amazing experience and an awesome opportunity to give back to others."
Karly: "This will be a once in a lifetime experience. I'm really looking forward to our safari!"

Kildonan-East Collegiate Students & Staff

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait! I am so proud of all of us for our hard work, finally we are about to begin our journey. See you at the airport. Deanna Michaleski

    ReplyDelete